Forefront Law, P.A
At the Law Office of Forefront Law, P.A, our attorneys practice family law exclusively. As a result, we have the experience and the legal skills required to represent our clients effectively in all aspects of this broad area.
We offer high quality and personal representation in the following matters:
• Divorce/Dissolution : Our lawyers work to minimize the stress and turmoil of a divorce, especially when children are involved.
• Termination of Domestic Partnerships : The breakup of a domestic partnership has most of the same issues as those involved in a divorce.
• Contested vs. Uncontested Divorce : Many of the most difficult (and expensive) aspects of divorce disappear if the parties agree. We focus on making this happen. When it cannot, we handle a contested divorce, taking it to trial when necessary.
• Military Divorce : Special rules may apply in family law matters when a party is on active duty in the military. We handle “military divorces” for members of the armed services and their spouses.
• Property Rights (Simple and Complex) : We use our extensive knowledge of Florida law to make sure our client is treated fairly in the division of community property.
• Property Settlements : We represent our clients effectively during any divorce property settlement negotiations.
• Business Valuations and Business Controllable Cash Flow : As part of the division of property in a divorce, any businesses must be properly valuated including any business cash flow.
• Spousal Support/Alimony : Our law firm has the experience to protect our clients in determining temporary and permanent spousal support.
Child Custody and Child Support
• Child Support : We represent clients seeking fair resolution of support disputes including both initial and permanent support orders.
• Wage Assignments (Collections of Support) : Our office assists in the creation, modification and termination of wage assignments.
• Child Custody and Visitation : We help clients resolve custody and visitation disputes, resulting in orders that represent the best interest of the child(ren).
• Communicating with Your Children : We encourage our clients to keep lines of communication open and honest with their child(ren) during what can be a very difficult time for them as well.
Modifications and Relocations
• Modification of Custody and Support : When there is a substantial change in circumstances by one of the parties, the court can change (“modify”) the current custody and support orders.
• Parental Relocations/Move-Aways : When one parent wants to “move-away” from another parent and take the parties child, it is probable that the party who is requesting to move with the child must request that the court allow such a move to take place. The court cannot stop the party from moving but it may stop the child from being moved. We help parents both pursue and defend relocation petitions.
Parental Rights and Guardianships
• Parental Rights/Paternity : Establishing parental relationships (often referred to as “paternity”) creates a legal relationship between a parent and a child. It also confers all legal rights and responsibilities of parenthood.
• Parental Alienation : If you feel you are being alienated from your child, we will seek having your rights as a parent justly restored.
• Guardianships : We can provide you with skilled guidance on how to obtain a guardianship and the proper procedures.
• Grandparents’ Rights : Under Florida laws, grandparents can petition for visitation rights. However, recent case law has made this difficult. We can help.
• Stepparent Adoptions : We are knowledgeable in local stepparent adoption laws and help represent you.
Mediation and Collaborative Law
• Mediation/Collaborative Law : Mediation and collaborative law are important tools when it comes to resolving family law issues in a manner that can benefit all parties involved.
• Domestic Violence : Domestic violence is not just between husbands and wives. It is used to describe violence between domestic partners, parents and children, siblings, and in dating relationships.
Contact Us Today
Effective representation in family law matters requires a thorough understanding of the law and the ability to respond to families in crisis. We invite you to contact our office today for a confidential consultation with one of our spousal support attorneys in Florida.